From 10th to 14th of July, 2017, 1st year master students, Joseph Donkor Appiah and Hossein Ebrahimi who study the program “Petroleum Chemistry and Refining” (the Department “Chemistry and technology of natural energy carries and carbon materials”, School of petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering, Siberian Federal University), successfully did an inrernship at Achinsk refinery.
On the first day, the students were briefed on safety rules of the refinery, and they were introduced to the refinery’s structure which is one of the modern in the oil refining industry. Masters were taking to the various parts of the refinery which were:
1. Refinery museum;
2. Primary oil refining units;
3. Isomerization, Reforming, Hydrotreatment of gasoline, diesel and jet fuels units;
4. The laboratory of quality control of refinery’s commercial products: diesel fuel, LPG, gasoline, mazut, bitumen;
5. LPG tank farm and oil products transportation;
6. Hydrogen sulphide gas processing unit (producing granulated sulfur)
Future masters shared their emotions and expressed sincere gratitude to the management and employees of Achinsk refinery and the head of the master’s program Fedor A. Buryukin for given them the opportunity to pass the internship at the oil refinery in Achinsk.